• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing bad colors

dortonracing

When i printing im getting a terrible looking print, Like if i print a red square it will have some really light black in it, not be like its suppose to be. What i did last night was pressed delete for a job and actually deleted the printer off :doh: So i tried resetting it like it was not sure if i got it right or something else is wrong, I also went ahead and cleaned it last night thought that might of been the problem but that wasn't it. This printer is like 4 weeks old so it still new. Any help would be great, Its a mutoh 1614 64" using flexiPRO with windows xp thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What media are you printing?
What profile are you using?
To what are your rendering intents set?

dortonracing

in the last pic you can see how it did the stall and printed the same part twice, only does that everyonce in a while, but as for the bad colors its doing that all the time, Its has tiny white spots in it, has darker spots in it, has spots where it look like the ink got wet or something, Also if you look real close and hard you can almost see as if the white from the vinyl is coming through. thanks for any help,

Attachments

• Photo0397.jpg
    Photo0397.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Photo0402.jpg
    Photo0402.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 82

astro8

Looks like you have no heaters, your media is covered in grease and your heads full of cleaning fluid....that's what it looks like but doubt that's what it is...(all 3)

Can you post a couple more pics?

Last edited:

dortonracing

here

Attachments

• Photo0398.jpg
    Photo0398.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Photo0400.jpg
    Photo0400.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Photo0396.jpg
    Photo0396.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo0395.jpg
    Photo0395.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 81

astro8

Change the media and do a head clean and make sure your heaters are working and see what you get...that first pic looks like media contamination and no heat. 3rd pic looks like it has no heat and crap all over it as well

dortonracing

the heaters are working they are set up at 40,43,50 and you can fell them on, I will try to run a head clean again and unroll a big peice and try anyother print,

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
using 3651
Profile is 3651
rendering intents? not sure what that is,
I will post a few pics in a few mins

Who did the 3561 profile? where did you get it?

If you don't know what rendering intents are your really should learn before you run out and try to print something. When you figure out what and where they are, set everything but bitmap to 'No Color Correction'. Set bitmap to 'Perceptual"

BadAss

WOW,,, Bob you can sure make someone feel bad... I have been doing prints on our Mutoh for almost 2 years, and I can't tell you what rendering intents is.... So D.R. don't feel too bad.. But it looks like that media is contaminated. But what do I know???

dortonracing

I have tried to differnt medias and both of them did this? So im clueless, I have ran more prints just to make sure something wasn't in the ink but still doing this, Would this happen from not being clean enough? I have cleaned it.

Change the media and do a head clean and make sure your heaters are working and see what you get...that first pic looks like media contamination and no heat. 3rd pic looks like it has no heat and crap all over it as well
sir i have mutoh vj 1304 and im experiencing problem, it suddenly turn off while running the head cleaning and when i try to switch it on still there is no power.