• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing banner 13 oz banner vinyl with or without heat

Jason1

I seem to get better prints when I dont add heat to the printer for printing photo banners. The machine is a cjv30-130. What are the reasons to run heat for printing banner vinyl?

Jason

4R Graphics

Heat is used to kind of open the pores of the vinyl (low heat pre and print) and then to help cure the ink (high heat Post heater).

If you are getting good prints with no heat and the ink is drying fast enough for you and the ink does not scratch off the banner material easilly then hey go with no heat.

Heat is used to kind of open the pores of the vinyl (low heat pre and print) and then to help cure the ink (high heat Post heater).

If you are getting good prints with no heat and the ink is drying fast enough for you and the ink does not scratch off the banner material easilly then hey go with no heat.

I would agree with this. Banner media can sometimes be prone to head strikes due to heat, so if you are able to adhere and dry the ink with lower (or no) heat, then go for it.