• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing banners

evie

I have the 3M printing perfect, when I print the banners, i have tracking in the ink. I uploaded the proper icc profiles, do I need to reset the heaters for banner material? Any help would be appreciated.

evie

Don't know where the head is setting, the tracking is the ink getting dragged or smeared on the graphic.

J Hill Designs

if it is due to banner material bunching up as it comes through, I lower my pre-platen temperature...(i set mine on 20/30/50, but alot of ppl here have success with higher temps) - you should find out how to raise the print head height (prob in the owners manual)

AUTO-FX

look in the picture, my finger is pointing to the head height adjustment lever . you would want it in the up position for banner media. it is in the up position in this picture.

Attachments

• misc 010.jpg
    misc 010.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 102

Conor Knoxx

on mine (1204 valuejet) its an orange lever - pretty much same spot.

I've had that trouble too..
and have only the dryer heat on when doing banners - it tends to pucker between the rollers otherwise.

evie

Okay, I moved the head up, and lost the tracking, but my colors changed significantly, the purple one is the correct color, with the tracking, the pink is bad color, no tracking:

Attachments

• IMG_0800[1].jpg
    IMG_0800[1].jpg
    68 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0801[1].jpg
    IMG_0801[1].jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 95
Did you change the profile? My colors don't change that much when just adjusting the head height.

Also, try unrolling some slack from the core on the back of the machine when printing banner material, helps it to prevent from buckling.

GL with it.

evie

I didn't change the color profile, and I went ahead and lowered the head and gave the media some slack. When I powered up the machine, I get an error message:
MH010 Error [RTL]

Flame

Waittttttt, you don't know heater settings or head height yet?

New to printing? lol.

Head height should NOT alter the way color is laid down, atleast not in the way you're showing. Something else is going on here for sure.

I run essentially zero heat when printing banners, then let them dry on a rack.

I'd run a cleaning cycle, definitely keep the head up when printing banners, and unroll some slack from the roll when printing (and keep some slack in it). Colors shouldn't vary like shown just by adjusting the head height.

Def. run a cleaning cycle, then give it a shot again with the head in the high position. If the color is that off with the same profile & media, something is going on. Good luck with it, hopefully this will remedy the situation though..

evie

I cant do anything with the error message. does anyone know what this means? MH010 Error [RTL]

saktrnch

I'm guessing with the head strikes some of the jets are plugged. As mentioned run a cleaning cycle and then a test print to see if all of the jets are working. And I'd be on the phone with tech support. Good luck.

evie

Ok, got rid of the error message, ran a cleaning, now I can't get the job out of the print queue. I deleted the printer and everything, when I reinstall the printer, even if I rename it, the print job keeps coming back. I hate digital printing already.