• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Blue in HP5500uv results PURPLE - Need Help

eventful

Somehow I can't print the Color BLUE in my hp5500uv
All Images with BLUE result in PURPLE
1. Printing straight from webaccess to the printing on different media results in PURPLE
2. Printing from Photoshop to ONYX using a recalibrated media result in PURPLE
3. Calibrating color in the printer didn't help

Any help Someone Please

Thanks

Zak

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I know it sounds weird but, what operating system are you using on that computer? I recently had a customer who was printing to a Mutoh printer and was having the exact same issue. I setup my laptop with the same exact software, settings, profile and printer settings and was able to print blue perfectly. The only difference between the two computers was one had windows 7 and the other had windows XP. We upgraded the windows XP to 7, installed the software and profile, and it printed a perfect blue. I have no idea why the operating system would affect that but it could have been a fluke too.

Bly

Linearising with a spectro should bring it back.
Maybe a head needs replacing.

GP_Oz

So all heads are firing properly ? I would launch the internal demo print from the 5500 menu the blue train etc etc - dont ask how its been a real long time since Ive had my mits on one It will show you which side of the problem to start working on as if it prints fine from internal hdd then you look at rip/computer side If not then the printer.

eventful

Internal TRAIN Demo Prints Purple also. Image Quality #1 looks great. No banding and smears.
Nozzle test is great too. Is there any way to know what is the color value of the of the Black Magenta Cyan Yellow Light Magenta Light Cyan?

bilge

Somehow I can't print the Color BLUE in my hp5500uv
All Images with BLUE result in PURPLE
1. Printing straight from webaccess to the printing on different media results in PURPLE
2. Printing from Photoshop to ONYX using a recalibrated media result in PURPLE
3. Calibrating color in the printer didn't help

Any help Someone Please

Thanks

Zak

on the printer, try media setting Heavyweight coated paper, profile #2

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How do your greens print ??

Purple is some cyan and some magenta percentage, according to the hue you are trying to obtain. Therefore, the cyan is coming out. If your cyan is weak, then your greens should experience the same weakness. Do they ??

Is this a 4 color or 6 color ?? Perhaps the cyan isn't firing properly and the light cyan is, thus not giving enough cyan. Try printing an exact green and see what your results are.

bigsign

Bad print head

You have a bad print head : yellow or light magenta. Do a print head calibration, It one has a lot of line or no print, it's bad. The printer might say its good, but is has gone bad.

Mspec

I bet it's not a printhead...

I bet you have either never changed, or forgot about changing the lens that covers the color sensor on the carriage. If there is a block of black foam inside the cover over the print zone, you should find a few replacement lenses in little plastic bags.

Dig through the service menus, changing that lens in a periodic task. Been a long time since I laid hands on one of these, but I know it's in There somewhere...