• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing blurry

My HP 115 was printing perfect today then last print was little blurry so did printhead cleaning, and nothing. Replaced optimizer ink and nothing. Then tried again and became worse
Print test is good so bit stumped.
20240729_160102.jpg

If the automatic printhead alignment is failing, it is possible that the line sensor is dirty. Document attached that details sensor cleaning.

Also clean the linear encoder strip with a damp cloth (di water).

In a pinch, you also could run a manual routine to align printheads.

Attachments

• Line Sensor Clean LV.pdf
    384.4 KB · Views: 53
If the automatic printhead alignment is failing, it is possible that the line sensor is dirty. Document attached that details sensor cleaning.

Also clean the linear encoder strip with a damp cloth (di water).

In a pinch, you also could run a manual routine to align printheads.
Thank you will try that first thing in the morning

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's an alignment or feed issue as you have the defect only one way (sideways on this, not up and down).
You didn't say which way this came out so.... might be feed issue as 115 doesn't have OMAS to account for that.

It's an alignment or feed issue as you have the defect only one way (sideways on this, not up and down).
You didn't say which way this came out so.... might be feed issue as 115 doesn't have OMAS to account for that.
This was printed horizontally so defect is up and down -- just took the photo vertically

Also just realized that it is printing anywhere from half an inch to full inch shorter - a 36 inch decal is 35 inches; 22 inch is 21.25 inches; 24 inch is 23.25 inches

JBurton

Signtologist
Have you tried turning it off and back on again? I guess if there's no OMAS, reloading the machine isn't necessarily a fix, but it would be the first thing I'd try.