• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing CMYK strip? How?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Is there a setting to print CMYK strip along the edge? I was told online it's a good habit to print a little cmyk strip so all colors/nozzles get used a little. Or it's not needed since the printer does periodic cleanings while printing?
btw I use versaworks 6 with VS540i

brdesign

Some printers run fine without it, but other printers do need it. For the printers that need it, you will see some banding or color shift just after a large white area where none of the print heads are firing while the media is advancing. When the printheads start firing after a blank area it can take a few passes to get the ink flowing again. If you see this then you need to use the color stripes on the side. It's been a few years since I have used Versaworks so don't remember where the setting is. The Roland I was running at the time I didn't need to use it.