• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing / Contour Cutting Issue with two different machines

wmshuman

Hello. Here is my dilemma. I have a Mimaki JV33-160 and Roland SP300-V. I am wanting to print vinyl on my Mimaki but have my Roland contour cut the vinyl, if needed. How can I do this?

I currently use Rasterlink Pro 5 SG with the Mimaki for printing and Flexisign 8.1 with the Roland. I see that there is an option to use registration marks (using RL) with the print but they are not the same marks that my Roland would use in Flexi. How can I get my Roland in Flexisign to read those marks?

The reason I don't use Flexisign with the Mimaki is because the JV33 printers are not introduced in the software until version 8.6. I do not want to update as I primarily use the Mimaki and rarely use the Roland unless it is a cut job. If updating was cheap, I would go that route but to spend $600 just to get the driver that Flexisign should be offering for free is ridiculous.

Is there a way to add Roland's registration marks to my Rasterlink Pro software? Or, can I change my SP300-V's registration marks to be able to read the registration marks that Rasterlink Pro uses?'

PLEASE HELP!

FrankW

For my opinion there is no way to create Roland-Marks with the Mimaki-Software.

For any idea I have, for example printing through Flexi-RIP OR using a flexi-feature named "Contour Cutting without RIP" to let Flexi set the roland registration marks for files which can then be printed through Rasterlink and do the contour cutting through Flexi, an update will be needed.

I would suggest an update. A lot of features added between 8.1 and new version Cloud, and with every update step you miss the price will be higher.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
To use most any form of automatic registration mark printing, sensing, and cutting, the same software that printed the marks has to direct the sensing of the marks and the cutting. This is because only the software that printed the marks knows dimensions of the bounding rectangle described by those marks and either can tell the plotter how big the rectangle should be so the plotter can remap the cut lines or the software can do the remapping itself.

If you have a plotter capable of locally sensing registrations marks, like a Graphtec, then you can print your own marks, direct the plotter to detect them, and enter your own X and Y distance corrections. If not, then you pretty much are SOL.

rjssigns

You may be able to work around it by detecting marks manually. You would print your marks then manually set each base point on the Roland. Roland has a multiple base point setting for doing this although we have never used it. I'm not explaining it very well.

We had tried setting up an old non-opos Summa to contour cut. Got very close, but was a PITA and time waster.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Sent you a PM..... Have some files for you to try. I'm curious if you copy a few specific files to your Flexi install if the JV33 will show up as a machine to add. :smile: