• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing custom wallpapers, what material?

J

john1

I have seen some guys online that i have been seeing on blogs do custom wallpapers and would like to get into it maybe since nobody around here is really offering it it seems.

Would the jarhead vinyl from Fellers work well or is that more for contour cut wall words type jobs?

What im talking about it printing panels to wrap around front desks maybe, small sized walls etc

Also, is laminate recommended for printed panels and if so would 210 or 200 oragaurd lam work?

I only have a 30" versacamm but i don't see why it wouldn't work well still.

Thanks in advance!

cdiesel

Jarhead is not for wallpaper applications. If you're looking for self adhesive, try the PhotoTex. I'd recommend going with printable wallpaper though. UltraFlex makes one that we've used a few times.

Steve Werner

Herculite Bantex makes a product called Wall Cover which can be used just like wallpaper. I have a customer that has used it for years. If you're looking for an adhesive backed fabric I'd highly recommend SeraMark. It's more opaque than PhotoTex, more fray resistant, and it's made in the United States.

Letterbox Mike

Don't use Jarhead, it's not a wallcovering material. If you want true wallpaper (that's applied with paste), I highly recommend the Korographics line, they have a pretty expansive array of textures, it prints well and looks great when it's installed. It's UL listed and fire rated too so it meets all building codes, if that's important to you. We print a considerable amount of the Korographics material with great success.

Ultraflex makes a similar product called Wallscapes but I'm not a huge fan of it, it's finicky to print.

Phototex is okay, but it is somewhat transparent so the seams have to be double-cut to look good. It's also tricky to print, it prints really nice when you figure it out, but it can be challenging. I'm hearing good things about the SeraMark product, I'm looking for an excuse to try it.

Rooster

Intellicoat has a GFIOP product that prints excellent and applies to walls with standard wallpaper paste. Decent color gamut, but with a pretty yellow white point.