• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing direct to styrene

702displays

I'm trying to print direct to thin .020 styrene with our Roland Eco Solvent printer. It prints fine but the material curls up real bad after its trimmed out. The graphic has to go to the edge, it's full coverage ink. The customer doesn't want vinyl mounted to it so this was my only option. Are there any adjustments I can do to keep it from curling so bad?

fresh

my only thought is you need to wait longer between the print / cut. Perhaps a few days for the ink to dry.

2B

Have you tried different temperatures?
Depending on the media we have to adjust our Rolands

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

702displays

Have you tried different temperatures?
Depending on the media we have to adjust our Rolands

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

Yea I was trying to put down less ink, so I tried speeding up the heads and using unidirectional. I'll let it sit for a while this time before cutting and see if this helps. Thanks!

Shaun S

Question...are you buying the 020 as a roll or a sheet? If you buy it as a sheet it will remain flat after printing and is still thin enough to make it through your Roland. The roll will forever curl, no matter how long you wait to cut it, unless you take a heat gun or torch to it.