• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing directly onto Lexan

leeanng

Does anyone have any experience printing directly onto lexan (with a flat bed printer) for a back lit sign?

My colors look good both lit and unlit. Is there anything else i should be doing to maintain this look or specific settings for back lit signage?

Is printing directly onto the lexan even recommended?

Will the life of the sign change compared to cut lettering?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We do it, if the customer wants it real cheap..... and we let them know it.

Best approaoch is to print second side [reverse] on clear and back up with a second white panel. That way, the inks aren't exposed to the weather. They'll still fade, but at least guano and snow and stuff won't be hitting it directly. You didn't mention your printer, but after checking your profile, it should do Okay.

leeanng

We do it, if the customer wants it real cheap..... and we let them know it.

Best approaoch is to print second side [reverse] on clear and back up with a second white panel. That way, the inks aren't exposed to the weather. They'll still fade, but at least guano and snow and stuff won't be hitting it directly. You didn't mention your printer, but after checking your profile, it should do Okay.

We are using a Rastek H652. Unfortunately the lexan we are using is white. So printing on the reverse wont work.

Thanks for the suggestion