• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Directly to Sintra

rdm01

Is it possible to print directly to 1mm sintra? It seems to be the same thickness as magnetic, which people print to, and is lighter for sure. Is this a possibility, has anyone given it a shot. I don't want to just haul off and try it for sake of screwing something up, but if it is feasible, it could save alot of time on some of our projects.

Thanks!

D&Tgraphics

I don't want to say to go ahead and do it, But, I know a guy who used to print directly onto 1 mil Sintra with his Soljet. Worked pretty good too. But, I'm not telling you to do it, just in case. :covereyes:

rdm01

It is a bit scary, which is why I posted here. But when I think about it, nothing pops out at me that seems like it would be a huge problem. I may continue to do it the long way, but I really want to give it a whirl.

steveimage

We have a solvent flat bed and solvent (true solvent) does bite into Sintra and works fairly well. However, my concern would be how to keep the material flat and avoid head strike. As well, will the pull rollers feed it through consistently?

rdm01

The heaters would need to be turned down/off to keep from warping for sure. I don't think the rollers would have a problem once you got the step adjustment set right.