• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing double sided banners

DoubleDiamond

We have some material, but no idea how to go about printing banners double sided. Any tricks or advise is appreciated. Joe

JBusch260

First off, and in all sincerity, make sure the banner you buy is meant for double sided printing.

Second, depending on how your image is laid out, you may need to rotate the image to get printed again.

I don't know what kind of machine you are running, but I have a Mimaki, so here's what I do: all rolls aren't perfectly symmetrical, so the easiest way to register is to advance out just a bit, mark the side and bottom with tape. Go ahead and run it, release the pinch rollers, roll it back up, flip the roll, advance out again to meet with the registration, print again.

Bly

It's a Roland yeah?
Print first side, let dry then load other side.
Poke a small hole in the top LHS corner point.
Bring your carriage over and set the pointer over your mark.
Hit "set base point" button... print 2nd side left justified.

bulldozer

I've done something similar to what these guys said on my AJ1000, but i used a sharpie (will come off with cleaning solution) and made lines on each side when i centered the material. I then made two marks on the material, at the end of my heater. Print that side with an external heater and have your dryer settings relatively high. I wait about 2-3 hours to let it set then flip it over and meet my marks.

This step has been crucial in my experience. TURN DOWN THE HEATERS FOR PRINTING ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE. As low as possible without turning them off. The ink on the other side will smear/get scratched.