• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Double Sided On JV5

SignShawn

We have a JV5 and are trying to run a double sided banner job. We have never had much luck getting things to line up. Does anyone have any tricks for getting this to work? It isn't so much getting the print centered in the material right it is when you send the print the advancement seems to be inconsistent. Has anyone else experienced this, if so any ideas? Would greatly appreciate any help.

Imminent Death

We've got a JV3 and I recently went through a printing-double-sided-banners nightmare. Here's what I do to print D/S banners.

1. The toughest part (for me at least) was getting everything to center. For some reason in Postershop, "Center" isn't necessarily center. Even when I manually enter in a distance from "Left" alignment, it's still never correct. So in this case I made a file with a solid rectangle or line the width of what I was printing. From there, I just keep printing the rectangle, typing different distances from "Left" until it was even on both sides. It's kind of a pain in the A, but it works.

2. Roll out your media (while in the printer) and cut it off with the Mimaki so the end is square. Then position the media to where the end touches the tolex-like area (the gray canvas like stuff on the front on the printer), and run a long piece of masking tape along the bottom of the media (actually applying the tape to the tolex). This gives you a reference point.

3. Pull the media out and feed it back in to where the bottom of the media lines up with the masking tape, making sure the material is taught on the roll. Print the first side, then WHILE THE MATERIAL IS STILL ON THE PRINTER roll everything back up on the roll, then take the roll off of the printer and flip it the other way. BE SURE that you reprocess your print 180 degrees so that it lines up.

Hope this helps!

gnemmas

We are resolving to print the 2nd side on vinyl (Orajet 3165 with grey adhesive for block-out) and apply to the back of the banner. Rather than go thru the trouble & risking ruining the good side.

Case

When doing a double-sided banner on the Mimaki JV5, go in to Setup, Feed Method and set it to "Normal" to turn off the Media Encoder. Then the media won't jog back and forth and it will give you the same startiing position when you mark the material in a spot on startup on the platen somewhere...

Case