• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Error

k.a.s.

I have been printing with my JV33 for about 3 months now, ever since the first week I have had it I occasionally get an error. The printer will be working fine then just stop printing, Raster Link gives me this message

JV33:DRV: An Error has occured during output(W). < a device attached to the system is not functioning. {31} > - [Getoverlappedresult] - 0x02088002

Aborted the execution

Canceled.

My tech guy says that it is not a printer problem but that somthing on the computer is causing this but he does not not know what it is.

Has anyone else seen this? Any guesses as to the problem? It only happens every couple weeks but it is annoying and getting expensive when it stops in the middle of a big print. Thanks in advance!!!

Kevin

signage

Does this computer have any Anti-virus or firewalls installed?

Or did it ever have Mcafee on it, if so you may need to go and get there removal software.

Yoda

I think it's your computer's problem.
Try connecting the usb cable to another port on your computer.

Yoda

PostNet

I had the same problems and found that when I disabled my computer energy saver features, this stopped happening. Just a thought.

mavricster

Adjusting power saving setting got me nowhere.

Your computer's USB is either buggy or just not compatible.
( it is probably intel chipset based )

Get a NEC chipset based PCI usb card, connect the printer and that fixes it.
( as well as other usb issues )