• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Flags on Mimaki UCJV300-160

JonaDoom123

Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if the UCJV300-160 is capable of printing feather flag material, which I believe is polyester.
I mainly do printing on vinyl and die cut decals with the machine and I'm not sure if the printer can Print on flag material. I use LUS-200 inks. Also is there any material you guys recommend for this? Would really appreciate the help. Thank You so much. I added a photo for sample.
feather-convex-flag

JonaDoom123

Here is the example pic. I have a customer that wants 12 of these double sided and would like to make some profit if possible instead of outsourcing them.

Attachments

• feather-convex-flag-1-1.jpg
    feather-convex-flag-1-1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 347

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I'm sure it will physically print on polyester flag material, but you likely won't get the same quality as dye-sub. We haven't really run into any material that it won't print on, as long as you can feed it through the machine.

There's also the finishing aspect....do you have someone in place to sew/finish these?

How are you liking the unit otherwise? Any complaints or things you love about it? We've had ours since October (LUS-170 CMYKLcLM LUS-200 WW) and love it. Just recently had to upgrade the firmware which got rid of lots of kinks but otherwise it's been a workhorse.

JonaDoom123

I'm sure it will physically print on polyester flag material, but you likely won't get the same quality as dye-sub. We haven't really run into any material that it won't print on, as long as you can feed it through the machine.

There's also the finishing aspect....do you have someone in place to sew/finish these?

How are you liking the unit otherwise? Any complaints or things you love about it? We've had ours since October (LUS-170 CMYKLcLM LUS-200 WW) and love it. Just recently had to upgrade the firmware which got rid of lots of kinks but otherwise it's been a workhorse.

Hi thank you so much for the reply. I figured the quality probably wouldn't be the same as dye sub. It will all have to come down to testing I suppose. I do my father owns a upholstery shop and he does all the sewing for me when I occasionally get banners and people want them sewn and for pole pockets. Just the printing part that I'm kind of afraid of lol.

I love it so far! Had mines for about a year. It's a great machine. I'm still learning as I go since I am no expert. Customers love the finishing on prints since everything looks a little raised and white gives it a Spot UV sorta look. I run (C,C,M,M,Y,K,W,W) and the ability to print white is amazing! I love everything about this machine so far.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’ve been offered UV flag fabric for our Colorado loads of times. Never bothered testing it though but I know it’s out there!

bigben

this mimaki will be my next printer to replace my HP L26500. I'm just waiting to see if the next generation of HP will have white ink. The rumor says yes to compete with the Mimaki.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if the UCJV300-160 is capable of printing feather flag material, which I believe is polyester.
I mainly do printing on vinyl and die cut decals with the machine and I'm not sure if the printer can Print on flag material. I use LUS-200 inks. Also is there any material you guys recommend for this? Would really appreciate the help. Thank You so much. I added a photo for sample.
feather-convex-flag

I have a great option for that one, PM me your info and I will get you setup. I was just there last week visiting clients lol.

Christian @ 2CT Media

this mimaki will be my next printer to replace my HP L26500. I'm just waiting to see if the next generation of HP will have white ink. The rumor says yes to compete with the Mimaki.
Just wait till May/June timeframe. The baby R machine will be announced minus the hybrid aspect.

bigben

Just wait till May/June timeframe. The baby R machine will be announced minus the hybrid aspect.

This is exactly what I'm counting on. I've heard rumors but nothing 100% sure. But I was told it would be April/May it would be announced.

Norman Clifton

Good morning everyone,

feather-convex-flag

Did you ever get the UCJV 300 to print on the polyester flag material - i tried and it jammed up my machine?

Chrxs

I would UV-print the flag and assemble the flag later. Think your printer will do the job, which printing profiles do you use ? I'd suggest doubled paint application via printer rip if you only need standard colours! Did some jobs like this with the HP Scitex FB 550, decent results!

Chrxs

Did you ever get the UCJV 300 to print on the polyester flag material - i tried and it jammed up my machine?
To avoid jamming the printer I am using a frame made of plywood to hold the fabric straight. I can just assamble the jersey / bannertex in it and print with no problems.

Chrxs

/////

how do you do that on a roll to roll printer?
Nah sorry, my mistake! It was meant for a flatbed printer! I print Flags, Wallfleece etc. on the HP Latex 360/365 in top quality! HP gives you a "loading help" for soft / textile material for the machines with the help of this you can load the fabric/textile without any problems