• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Flags Using HP L25500

crickit7

Anybody done this? What's a good material to use and what is the process of cutting and hemming entail? Any info would be fantastic!

smdgrfx

Flags

Anybody done this? What's a good material to use and what is the process of cutting and hemming entail? Any info would be fantastic!

I am printing one today. First time on the L25500, so I'm not sure how it will hold up. We sew the hem using a double hem tape that we get from the local fabric store. Punch grommets with no problems. I'm curious to see how the ink will hold up. I've used several on my solvent printer but never have achieved the results I was really expecting. I'm sure it has something to do with the profiles. Apollo Flag is one product we use with good results. My test today looks fine, so we'll see how the end result looks in a couple of weeks after flying for a while.

crickit7

I am printing one today. First time on the L25500, so I'm not sure how it will hold up. We sew the hem using a double hem tape that we get from the local fabric store. Punch grommets with no problems. I'm curious to see how the ink will hold up. I've used several on my solvent printer but never have achieved the results I was really expecting. I'm sure it has something to do with the profiles. Apollo Flag is one product we use with good results. My test today looks fine, so we'll see how the end result looks in a couple of weeks after flying for a while.

Cool! Let me know how it works out. Really interested in giving this a try. Does the material cut well without any fraying?

Sign Eagle

I would doubt it will hold up outdoor, I printed several table drapes on our 25500. After a few uses they put it in a washing machine, came out looking like acid washed jeans.