• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Flourescent

fojtik83

Anyone printing fluorescent wraps? We are starting to get into more and more race car wraps instead of cut vinyl and doing fluorescent overlays in a pain.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Florescent vinyl itself is a pain. Stuff is only rated for 6 months exterior and in a good week you can take the palm of your hand and rub it white.

Also, I have to ask ... do you even make money off that garbage ... seems like everyone who wants that stuff 'knows someone' who will do it at cost.

Please don't tell me that is you. :noway:

rjssigns

Hose the car with waterbased fluorescent paint then do "knockouts" on your wrap and apply over the top.

Superfrog did some cars like that years ago. Looked good. I think that was with Createx paints IIRC.

APC

Seiko W-64s - switching from GX Neon inks to GX Lm, Lc and back

Anyone know the procedure for switching Seiko GX Neon inks out, putting in GX Lc, Lm inks? Is it an involved process that requires a service tech or can this be done by the operator? Approximate costs if tech is needed? I have a potential project that requires neon inks, but only would print 3 or 4 times a year. Once job is completed, I would want to switch back to the GX Lc, Lm inks.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Most of us can't switch out our inks with fluorescent inks to print a couple race car wraps so custom inks are pretty much ruled out...
I would suggest that it could be accomplished fairly easily with a standard printer that prints both CMYK+white.
And by printing onto a solid color wrapping vinyl (like 3m 1080 series) with that.

And as was stated above, I have NEVER had a race car guy want to pay even a slightly discounted price, let alone regular price.