Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Flourescent

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by fojtik83, Aug 13, 2012.

1. fojtik83

fojtik83 New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Anyone printing fluorescent wraps? We are starting to get into more and more race car wraps instead of cut vinyl and doing fluorescent overlays in a pain.

Tags:
  2. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    never gonna happen that I see but who knows...someone out there may have the special ingredient

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  4. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    Florescent vinyl itself is a pain. Stuff is only rated for 6 months exterior and in a good week you can take the palm of your hand and rub it white.

Also, I have to ask ... do you even make money off that garbage ... seems like everyone who wants that stuff 'knows someone' who will do it at cost.

Please don't tell me that is you. :noway:

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Hose the car with waterbased fluorescent paint then do "knockouts" on your wrap and apply over the top.

Superfrog did some cars like that years ago. Looked good. I think that was with Createx paints IIRC.

6. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Just saw ad for what is called Neon inks, in Sign & Digital Graphics magazine

http://www.seikoinstruments.com

BUT it says it is available for the 6 color ColorPainter W-64s only

7. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  8. longlivemedia

longlivemedia Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I also found fluorescent printers and inks in alibaba. I hope that helps.

9. APC

APC New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    North Carolina
    Seiko W-64s - switching from GX Neon inks to GX Lm, Lc and back

Anyone know the procedure for switching Seiko GX Neon inks out, putting in GX Lc, Lm inks? Is it an involved process that requires a service tech or can this be done by the operator? Approximate costs if tech is needed? I have a potential project that requires neon inks, but only would print 3 or 4 times a year. Once job is completed, I would want to switch back to the GX Lc, Lm inks.
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

10. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Most of us can't switch out our inks with fluorescent inks to print a couple race car wraps so custom inks are pretty much ruled out...
    I would suggest that it could be accomplished fairly easily with a standard printer that prints both CMYK+white.
    And by printing onto a solid color wrapping vinyl (like 3m 1080 series) with that.

And as was stated above, I have NEVER had a race car guy want to pay even a slightly discounted price, let alone regular price.