• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Grays on Anapurna 2540

Kripzin

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm generally sending EPS files to the RIP, sometimes PDF.
Looking to produce closest thing to Pantone 425U.

I've tried reducing CMY, and somewhat increasing K; I've tried CMKY and RGB color modes.
I consistently have trouble matching grays on this printer. Is there a trick i don"t know?

Correct Color

The machine doesn't matter...

Profiled correctly, you'll hit it every time. Profiled incorrectly, you'll chase it till you get it. How you chase it is really pretty much irrelevant.

In this business, profiles are everything.

Kripzin

The machine doesn't matter...

Profiled correctly, you'll hit it every time. Profiled incorrectly, you'll chase it till you get it. How you chase it is really pretty much irrelevant.

In this business, profiles are everything.

Okay. Sooo... I guess I need to fool around with them. I was just hoping maybe there was a more methodical way than just arbitrarily adjusting color profiles.

johnnysigns

You're missing the point about getting your machine profiled, not necessarily fiddling with existing profiles in the RIP. Having gone through RIP and profile changes last year, getting the machine properly profiled is the single best investment we've made. Efficiency goes right out the window otherwise.