• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing grey color

jyl

my vp540 prints grey like light purple.
I pick a grey color from roland color swatch and my monitor shows grey.
but it doesn't print like grey
how is yours?

did i do something wrong??

thanks

Jim Doggett

Are you using Flexi? It's magenta-heavy as a rule. Or maybe staying in a CMYK color space, if by chance you're using RGB and ripping it to CMYK.

If sending files to print CMYK, I always use screens of Black, somtimes making it a little richer with a litte equal parts of CM and Y.

Just a guess.

kico-abaco

I use versawork.
and file is CMYK, no conversion.

thank you..

CMYK? Didn't you say that you used spot color from roland color swatch?
If you want the exact color as on color chart, I suggest you to use it as a spot color (remember to check "Convert spot Colors" in VersaWorks).

Which program you are using (Corel, Illustrator...) and how do you export it (.eps, .jpg ...)?

BROWNDOG

Not sure, but we've always had problems doing greyscale as well, the guys at tyrrell tech, told me its in the software and cant be done with out an add on to the tune of $2500, would love to have another option

Modern Ink

Grey is a touch color to print for many printers...........

If this is a vetor file and you can do REPLACE COLOR (like ONYX rip) then select that and give it a xx% black.

Do a test print with 5% or 10% increase and see what greys you get. Then keep that handy for future use.

Actually.... it's always greyed out on mine too..(no pun intended) I'm still getting used to this program but hopefully someone can chime in as to why it isn't an option.

It will be greyed out unless two conditions are met:
1) Enable the Convert Spot Color checkbox in your Default Queue Properties (Edit Menu > Queue 'x' Settings. While you're here, you may as well enable the Convert Special Colors checkbox as well. This allows you to perform color replacements for CMYK and/or RGB colors.
2) The color name must in the file must be exactly the same name as a color contained any active Spot Color Library. For example, the Roland Color System Library contains all of the Roland Spot Colors.