• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing grey scale

MikeD

sounds like you made the file correctly. In your rip, are you able to select black point compensation as your rendering intent instead of perceptual? that would instruct your printer to use more black ink to make black shades as opposed to combining cmy to get blacks.
also, depending on your print head configuration, you may alleviate the issue by printing uni-directionally as the "green" may be from chromatic banding.

Hope this helps!

sounds like you made the file correctly. In your rip, are you able to select black point compensation as your rendering intent instead of perceptual? that would instruct your printer to use more black ink to make black shades as opposed to combining cmy to get blacks.
also, depending on your print head configuration, you may alleviate the issue by printing uni-directionally as the "green" may be from chromatic banding.

Hope this helps!

It sounds like you are describing GCR (Gray Component Replacement) in the above statement, and not BPC (Black Point Compensation). GCR is a function that resides inside the ICC profile itself, and defines the use of K ink vs CMY to build grays.

BPC is not a rendering intent.

BPC is intended to avoid plugging shadows and darker gray tones by remapping the black point in the file to the black point of the printer.

MikeD

It sounds like you are describing GCR (Gray Component Replacement) in the above statement, and not BPC (Black Point Compensation). GCR is a function that resides inside the ICC profile itself, and defines the use of K ink vs CMY to build grays.

BPC is not a rendering intent.

BPC is intended to avoid plugging shadows and darker gray tones by remapping the black point in the file to the black point of the printer.

You are correct; it's not a rendering intent on it's own, but Black Point Compensation is a pre-standard variation of the ICC-defined Relative Colorimetric rendering intent. Some rips allow you to choose whether to employ this option or not within your profile.
I just like printing!:flamey:

MikeD

will you guys be in Orlando for the sign show in March?
I saw your site, and could probably learn a lot from you!