Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing grey

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by quicksigns, Jan 22, 2010.

1. quicksigns

quicksigns Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I can't seem to get my printer to gray without it looking green. I've tried adjusting the color, but still comes out greenish. I have an hp8000 and am printing on 3651 oracal and is on it's profile. Please help

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    If it's solid, (ie not in a gradient) I can replace the color with a tint of black in my RIP...

3. acothran

acothran Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Bowling Green, KY
    When we had a Seiko 64S (same as HP 8000/9000) I was never able to hit gray without a hint of green. I was using PhotoPRINT DX RIP and doing designs in Adobe. It wasn't much fun but I tried to stay away from gray. I know that isn't what you want to hear but that was my experience.

Allen

4. quicksigns

quicksigns Member

Jan 9, 2006
    It's gradient too. It was a poster it gray gradient and they mention they like purple and so I tried to change the layout with purple gradient and guess what, it looks more gray with a hint of purple in it.

5. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    profile, profile, profile.

Grey is a mix of CMYK...
    Too much C and you get a green cast
    Too much M and you get a red cast.

these need to be balanced properly in the profile for the best chance at grey.

Overlam will add a bit of green cast as well.
    Better to be a bit red in most cases.

6. WB

WB Active Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    yeah what randya said.. Grayscale in your profile is off..