• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing greys on built Media/ICC profile

Hey everyone, i made a new media profile and ICC profile in caldera for our CET hybrid flatbed this morning and when i went to print an image with black background and grey text.

The text came out very blueish/grey. any thoughts as to why? and how i can fix it? i changed profiles to the one we had been using and it resolved it.

Thanks, Matt

Hey everyone, i made a new media profile and ICC profile in caldera for our CET hybrid flatbed this morning and when i went to print an image with black background and grey text.

The text came out very blueish/grey. any thoughts as to why? and how i can fix it? i changed profiles to the one we had been using and it resolved it.

Thanks, Matt

Printing various shades of gray tends to be the Acid Test for any color managed workflow. If there is a problem, it will show up in the grays first and foremost. Changing the ambient light source (illuminant) further complicates the issue, and this can sometimes cause metamerism.

It is not possible with any degree of certainty to know what specifically went wrong with your custom media profile. Did you receive any training on the procedure, more specifically, how to make the necessary decisions that affect the resulting image quality? Anyone can follow a wizard-driven procedure and get through the process of making a media profile, but that does not guarantee that it will produce superior (or even adequate) image quality.

At the very least, you should complete the media profile creation process by printing a 'reference print' that validates the results. This reference file should contain things like gray wedges, raster and vector data, spot colors, memory colors, etc. Here is a screenshot of a PDF file that I use for this purpose.

Attachments

• Test_File.JPG
    Test_File.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited: