• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Halftones on Edge 2

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to print halftones of spot colors by changing the temperature and thus getting a solid color instead of having the prints as per the attached picture, with patterns to emulate the tone. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-6381.jpg
    IMG-6381.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 219

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
No. The head temp is relatively set. It is some what controlled by the RIP software (IE orange needs a little more heat than black). If you turned the heat down on the head it would not melt the ink from the liner to the vinyl.
It's not like using a inkjet that can lay down less ink to create a lighter color.
It burns the foil in at 100% all the time. That's why the dot pattern is smaller to simulate a lighter color.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
You can use different halftone settings. That looks like a large dot size. The Edge2 can go pretty fine. Try setting the halftone setting to a finer setting. The trade off is usually in gradients though. Larger dots give smoother transitions in larger printers and smaller dots will give more banding (I know, it seems a little backwards, but that's how it is.) If this is just a shade of of a color that remains constant, you should be ok though. Another option is to use a spectratone combination to get lighter shades.

Good Luck,

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I almost always print with Fine Dot because it's not as "dotty," but it's a halftone, so it's going to happen.

jfiscus

Rap Master
There are tint colors also that are thanslucent, but they'd achieve a similar effect on a fade.