• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Help

4R Graphics

Ok well I am a total newb at this I have a cutter,flexi,photshop and illustrator. I am looking to offer printed work which I will out source for now the question is when I design the art work what is the best method and size. Let me clear this up do I do the art work in photoshop, illustrator or flexi and bring it all together in photoshop, illustrator or flexi and then save to the format my wholesaler needs? Second part about size when I design the art work in photoshop, illustrator,flexi and say the sign or what not is 4'X10' do I need to scale the art work to that size when designing and save it to send out so that there isnt a pixilation issue? Last part what dpi should be used when designing in the above mentioned programs?

Just new to printing and want my ducks in a row nothing worse then looking like you dont know in front of a customer.

Thanks
Berry

tyans1

Illustrator is vector based.... you scale these files to just about anything. Photoshop is resolution based... 100-150dpi @ 100% scale should work for most of your printing. Not sure about Flexi.

4R Graphics

Tyans1,
Thanks for the quick reply so you say 100% scale so that means make my canvas in photoshop to the size of the banner or what not and use 100-150dpi on it and scale images to fit this is this correct?

tyans1

Yes... unless your image is just to big to work with. You can always build it half scale and double your resolution.