• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing in Illustrator

p3

I'm trying to print some stuff in illustrator and/or photoshop. I have my bleeds set, but it still is applying margins around the paper. How do I or what settings do I adjust to make my print take up the entire page i'm printing on. I'm just printing on 8.5" x 11" cardstock. Thanks!

p3

its not a desktop printer. its a Cannon iRC3080 I believe. Is there a way I can shrink the margins any? so it leaves smaller ones. Like right now they are probably a 1/4" on each side. Thanks for the fast reply!

rfulford

Most laser printers do not do full bleed either. Usually we impose 2 up on 12x18 for full bleed and trim out.

p3

where can I get 12 x 18 cardstock? is it something I can get at like office depot or will I have to order online? Any recommendations?

jfiscus

Rap Master
You cannot print edge to edge on any type of paper stock (besides those small photo printers), there are always margins that the printer requires for the feed rollers, etc.

If you require a full bleed, then you will have to print on oversized stock and trim it down. You will have to contact a local paper supplier or another local printing company to see if they will sell you some. Find out the largest stock your printer can take & maximize your yield, some even take 13x19 or similar sizes.