Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing in Illustrator

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by p3, Mar 25, 2010.

1. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I'm trying to print some stuff in illustrator and/or photoshop. I have my bleeds set, but it still is applying margins around the paper. How do I or what settings do I adjust to make my print take up the entire page i'm printing on. I'm just printing on 8.5" x 11" cardstock. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    most desktop printers can't do full width/height...

3. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    its not a desktop printer. its a Cannon iRC3080 I believe. Is there a way I can shrink the margins any? so it leaves smaller ones. Like right now they are probably a 1/4" on each side. Thanks for the fast reply!

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    nice printer...might be an option somewhere?

5. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
    Most laser printers do not do full bleed either. Usually we impose 2 up on 12x18 for full bleed and trim out.

6. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    where can I get 12 x 18 cardstock? is it something I can get at like office depot or will I have to order online? Any recommendations?

7. ecoleejr

ecoleejr Member

Dec 7, 2005
    contact a local paper house. you can get 12x18

8. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    You cannot print edge to edge on any type of paper stock (besides those small photo printers), there are always margins that the printer requires for the feed rollers, etc.

If you require a full bleed, then you will have to print on oversized stock and trim it down. You will have to contact a local paper supplier or another local printing company to see if they will sell you some. Find out the largest stock your printer can take & maximize your yield, some even take 13x19 or similar sizes.