• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing in sheets

CanuckSigns

I have a job where I need to print a whole bunch of stickers that are 3"x1.5" they all have a unique number on them, I've set the file up and saved it to a multi page PDF with 1 decal per page. Is there some way in onyx where I can print these in "sheets" of say 12"x14" and have onyx automatically fit as many decals as possible on each sheet, then nest the sheets on 54" wide vinyl?

What i'm hoping to achieve, is to print and cut the decals on the plotter, then hand cut them into smaller sheets and have the decals be in the same order as in the file. Possible?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Not sure how you make these up but I’ve done something similar before. I’m still relatively new to onyx so I done it in indesign.

basically set up my small sheet size in indesign (in your case 12” by 14”). Used the data merge feature (you’ll need a spreadsheet set up) then set one up. (I.e drop in your placeholder then make 1 CutContour layer.

go through the data merge process and change the “records per page” to multiple. In the layout bit adjust spacing between artworks etc then merge.

Then when you drop it into onyx, it should step all the little pages up for you. Then you’ll get control over how much space you want between the individual 12” by 14” pages too.

Sounds quite long winded there but probably took me about 5 mins to set up and saved a lot of time.

if you find out how to do it in onyx let me know though. Not everyone uses indesign lol

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Yes, set up your sheets usign indesign data merge as iPrint said. We also offer this if it gets to be a pain for you.