• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing incorrect size

Red Ant NZ

:banghead:
Hi, I have a Roland SP 540v and everytime I print a PDF or EPS file, it prints the correct width but the height of the print is approx 5mm too short i.e correct file size is 1200mm wide by 1000mm high but it prints 1200mm wide by 995mm high. We use VersaWorks and the 'fit to printable area' box is definitely not ticked. ... Any ideas? Thanks :)

Malkin

Is the incorrect dimension always in either the scan or feed direction, or can it be either?

What kinds of print media?

SignTeam.us

Every time I print, I go to calibration (feed correction) menu on my Roland to adjust that setting, check the test pattern you printed and enter the correction value. I do this every time I change materials.

sfr table hockey

It can be a pain in the butt to do a calibration for every time you change the media but the thicker media (canvas for me) can be out 1/8" to 1/4" for a 48" long print. So yes you might find vinyl printing bang on for length but throw in some banner material and you will be off.

To save myself doing a calibration every time I change media, I have done the calculations for each so that I just multiply my length by a % and enter the length slightly longer for the thicker media.

So an example for me would be to leave the width at 100% but change the length to 100.90%.

Red Ant NZ

Is the incorrect dimension always in either the scan or feed direction, or can it be either?

What kinds of print media?

Hi it is in the feed direction it shortens the print.
Whether there is one print or tiled prints, it shortens them 5mm each.
It doesnt matter what media you use