• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Issue

rmtosh

My printer is printing these faint lines in my prints. I've cleaned the heads etc., changed the wipers, and performed a medium cleanse and nothing has changed. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 94

sfr table hockey

First thing is to do like you did, check the heads for lint or a hair. Next check the cutter head as a hair can get caught on the blade and drag over the print.

If it does not look like a streak from something dragging then look at the encodor strip for dust or some stuff on it. Also blow out the area where the censor reads the strip as dust or fuzz can get in there and cause random lines in a print.

Do you see the lines when you print a test print. I am not sure on this but I don't think the test print uses the encodor scale to print it so you might not get those lines on a test print. Someone else can chime in if they know about that.

rmtosh

The cutter did have some debris on it. I removed it to no avail. Here are more pics.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 98

graphicmaniac

I was thinking a tech guy once told me to clean the band that runs
along the back of the printer (it's just up about an 1" or so up from
the pinch wheels - runs the whole length)...that it can cause issues like what your seeing....weird happenings showing up in your print all of a sudden.

May be worth a try anyway.

sfr table hockey

The cutter did have some debris on it. I removed it to no avail. Here are more pics.

Can't tell in the picture but did the test print show the same lines problem?

What is the red blocks? Just a file you print or is that part of the test print?

If it's not in the test print then look at the encoder strip.