• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Issues Jv33.

Masseria

Hey.
I came back to work on saturday, when suddenly i turn on the machine and i cant print properly.

here is the problem
when i print it looks like the printhead is clogged, but it isen't.
looks like strange banding.
here are some pics so you can check and tell me if you know what's causing the trouble.
Pic1: test draw with cleanings between them.
pic2: tested color per color to see if dampers are wrong (but all colors are having same issue, so....)

test draw looks strange like nozzles are not firing straight.. but you tell me.

printhead was changed like 2/3 months ago.
been printing like 18 hours a day since then.
sometimes 24/7.

Pump is brand new. mimaki legit.

I made:
Damper test / refill
clean cap station, change wiper.
made a nozzle wash, and leave it with cleaning solution for 24 hrs.
drop pos correct to align printhead.
manual head wash.

from what i know, it might be the cap station never changed it.., but dont know it for sure and can find a distributor here.
might be the printhead as well, mimaki support is telling me that vertical lines on test draw are not straight so i have to change printhead, but i dont believe these....
Please if you have send me trusted suppliers in the US, i'll be there in a few weeks, maybe i can order some stuff to the hotel.

Hope finding an answer soon.

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

4R Graphics

By the look of your test draw I would say you have a lot of deflections and a cuople of missing nozzles.

If you have enough deflections and they line up you will get the streaks that you see in your prints.

If you have done the head soaks and it is not clearing up I am affraid to say you may need a new head.

I hate to say it but I have had printheads that well have lasted for a very long time and I have had some that died after a few months thats the breaks with electronics.

MikeD

Try replacing the cap head first for about $80 before buying a new print head. The overnight soak might not have worked if the capping station wasn't able to get a good seal.
Good Luck!

Masseria

Ok, looks solved, not yet but its not the printhead.
Mimaki's people are telling me to change printhead for U$S 3500.-so no.
i put the printhead i have changed before (old one), that was washed before stocking, and it worked like these one. the printhead have no scratchs, no dirt, no missing or bad nozzles. Also i have a new printhead in stock, but no need to change it. it cant be so coincidece, that same problems, on both printheads. (old printhead was changed by mimaki people because of my ignorance.... NO MORE. (anyway im not a genius but trying to learn...)
cap is fine i cleaned all and it works perfect, look at pump works great as well, change 1 black damper, that was conflictive. (for damper use the DX.com Mimaki jv33 Damper, free shipping, U$S 4.- each, works nice for the moment.)

but it looks to be solved with a new profile. with better color organization drops.so i can hide those lines...
its not worth to change printhead. if you can make a new profile. and with some use the new printhead will also need to be replaced as well.

Anyone in the US have a good "free shipping" trustable supplier for spare parts, such as dampers, printhead, pump, cap top,etc?
Im going to Las Vegas to SGIA, and i would like to recieve some to the hotel....
Also if anyone is likely to sell Eyeone or something to create profiles, send me PM. (i'll look Ebay anyway).
Im looking for wasatch as well, if anyone has a link to share(I uploaded Rasterlink guys come on....)
hope it helps others as well....

4R Graphics

3500 thats just crazy its easy to do and even if you buy the OEM head its only 1600.

I am glad it seems to not be the head since you changed heads and the other head is doing the same then perhaps one of the ribben cables is the problem make sure they are all plugged in good and that the little silver tips are not broke also check to make sure it has not been rubbed through and shorting out one last thing if your cables have been smashed or bent could be a problem also.

I have a background in electronics repair and you would not believe have often something fails for a silly problem like a bad cable.

Masseria

3500 thats just crazy its easy to do and even if you buy the OEM head its only 1600.

I am glad it seems to not be the head since you changed heads and the other head is doing the same then perhaps one of the ribben cables is the problem make sure they are all plugged in good and that the little silver tips are not broke also check to make sure it has not been rubbed through and shorting out one last thing if your cables have been smashed or bent could be a problem also.

I have a background in electronics repair and you would not believe have often something fails for a silly problem like a bad cable.

well im in Argentina and there is only 1 dealer... so its 3500 dollars for a mimaki legit from mimaki printhead.
i bought some from china and cost me 600 dollars. sold many of these, and works great, for aqua based ink.
maybe the cables are wrong, i'll try others (got old ones). thanks for the tip.

anyway i'll inform you if it was that the problem...

Also i've recovered 1 old printhead leaving it 1 week in cleaning solution.. and also cleaning it from inside to outside up to down and down to up...
if anyone have 1 old printhead you may try these. it might help you in case of an accident...

Masseria

So are you fixed?

Yeah,
working for 3 days in a row 24 hrs non-stop. with old printhead which mimaki told me it was dead and changed it for 2500 dollars...
now its better than the new one which is floating in cleaning solution with destilated water (dont know if this is correct name we call it Agua Destilada)..So all the ink is removed and stay clean for next time we need to change it.

looking for an Eyeone or something like it so i can start using my own profile..