• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Issues

Jim Hill

I have an SP-300 and I have been using Color Rip for the past three years with no problems at all.

I have tried sending post scrip images in CMYK and RGB to the printer and in both cases my images are not printing the correct colors as they were in the past.

I have cleaned the encoder strip with alcohol a number of times and it did not make any difference in the printing.

I am now thinking it might be time to replace the encoder strip.

Any other ideas on what might be the problem?

Thanks Jim

Robert M

Encoder

I do not think it is the encoder if the issue is color. What do your test prints look like. The encoder tells the print head where it is on the rail.

Jim Hill

Test Print

This is the test print that I did and when I looked at it again I can see cross contamination on the magenta and yellow color and that is the color I am having an issue with.

I replaced the yellow damper with a new one and connected my syringe to the bottom of the damper and pulled yellow ink through it.

After a few medium cleanings I still have some drop out in the magenta color so tonight I am soaking the head and in the morning I will connect the syringe to the line under the capping station and try and pull some ink through the head.

Thanks for your help. Jim

Attachments

• Roland test print colors.jpg
    Roland test print colors.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 50