• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing KOMA Banner on Latex

airborneassault

Good Morning folks!

I wanted to see if I could pick fellow L25500 users brains. We are printing on the Koma blockout material from fellers and I'm having some issues. Now I searched and it seems many people are having good luck with this material but I couldn't find anyone specifically on the latex.

What's happening is we are getting a nasty "roller" mark in our color repeatedly across the width of the material and it follows all the way through the print. We are using Onyx and a 15oz blockout profile from Ultraflex. Now I've tweaked out heat settings all the way down, no issues we're still getting dry banners but we also still have the nasty pattern mentioned. I also attempted to use the canned HP Heavy Textile Profile & the Jetflex 13oz with adjusted heat settings to no solution. Any suggestions on heat/cure settings or a different profile to try?

Thanks for any suggestions!
-Nathan

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Lol you dont owe me anything this is what Im here for, even if your not buying from me I am still willing to help you anyway I can. It could be a bad roll as I have not seen this before. Did you post this issue in here also? http://hpl25500users.ning.com/

I will ask one of my techies to see what they say also

moggle

Static issue.

Does you media make a sort of peeling sound as it comes off the roll?
No real fix I know of as yet, unless you want to unwind and wipe with static removal gloves or similar.

The wavy pattern is caused where I think the rollers are basically acting to discharge the static but only in certain areas.

Anyone has a fix I would love to know it.

Rydaddy

One thing I have noticed is that the Koma 16oz. blockout comes off the roll hard. I've seen it affect media feed. I don't have a Latex printer, but thought I would throw that out there.