• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing large files error

:banghead:I have problems printing large files. I seem hit or miss if they will print. I get a converting port 1 on the display. But nothing ever happens. Some times the production manager will say printing 0% and sometimes the job just vanishes.

I use flexi 8.6 v2 on win 7 computers. I use a parallel to usb adapter. The printer is a outdoor falcon 46. Both computers I use have had flexi reinstalled. This has been a ongoing problem for months.

one computer is a dual core 2ghz with 2 gig ram, 32 os and lots or hard drive space.
other computer is a 4 core 2.53 ghz with 4 gig ram, 64 bit os and lots of hard drive space

Is there any work around or rip size limit? Can I add memory to it or a drive?

Please any help would be great

rjssigns

Design at 25% then scale at 400% in RIP. Should work with Flexi, but not sure. We do this as a normal workflow. Works every time.

401Graphics

Yea you should definitely scale it. Also get some more RAM. I have 6gb on my pc and sometimes it uses all of it. also i found that when ripping you should have programs like photoshop closed as they take up ram, and ripping goes faster and doesn't get errors.