• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing magnetics on a Roland 600

hammered

Ive been asked about doing a magnetic sign set for a gentleman's truck. A new to me PC600 coming this week and wondered if anyone had printed magnetics with one before. I dont believe there is a high enough gauss to do any damage but it never hurts to ask. Thanks ahead of time.

weaselboogie

I wouldn't recommend printing directly on the magnet. The head drags directly on the material. I'd print on vinyl and apply the vinyl to the mag. Last I heard print heads were around $800 to replace. Wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Sign Works

PC-600 max media thickness for printing is 8 mil, do not attempt to print directly on magnetic material, simply print on vinly and apply the vinyl to the magnetic material.

hammered

Thanks fo rthe input. That why I came here first. Print heads are a little pricey but not that bad. From the East coast to Irvine and back with the service was roughly $700. Of course it makes buying carts for my desktop print seem fun.

Jackpine

Print on vinyl then laminate on the magnetic. You will get a better product.
Ive been asked about doing a magnetic sign set for a gentleman's truck. A new to me PC600 coming this week and wondered if anyone had printed magnetics with one before. I dont believe there is a high enough gauss to do any damage but it never hurts to ask. Thanks ahead of time.

hammered

Wouldn't it have been quite a bit cheaper to have had it serviced at a Roland Service Center on the east coast (Cammtech) than shipping it all the way out here and back?
http://www.cammtech.com/cammtech_roland_products.htm

This is good infomation. I did not know there was a Roland Tech center here. When I called Roland I was told the only other place working on these was a place in Denver. Hmm I smell profit and it aint mine. I do need a cart holder fixed so this will save me some. Thanks again.