• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Metallic ( Roland VS-300i )

autoexebat

Hey all , I got this printer brand new about a month ago ! Love it so far.

I have just now started to mess with the metallic options but I am a little confused on what it can actually print in MT ?

I have the swatch setup and I see there are thousands of colors I can use ,

question is , can I actually print a red metallic , blue metallic ? or can I print silver and only silver ?

If so , what are all of the colors for in the swatch library ?

Main reason for asking is I setup a graphic to print today in metallic red and it came out red with no metallic , I hate to waste the ink so that is why I am here asking .

Thanks

autoexebat

I do have the profiles selected in versaworks , I was just curious if I could print in different colors .

Thanks

AnthonyRalano

I have not printed metallics with Corel, but this video may help.

[video=youtube;d_FaeUW7ybw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FaeUW7ybw&index=10&list=PLD06189F260A8F4 00[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

graphicwarning

You can choose a Metallic color from the Corel library, and in versaworks you have to make sure when you pick a profile you select the one with the [MT] on it. In there, make sure you select the mode you want... typically CMYKLcLmMT... everything should come out metallic.

AnthonyRalano

I tried today and couldnt get it , can you tell me some details ?
An easy way to practice would be to take an .eps file or text and assign it a Roland metallic color in Corel Draw. Save selected as an .eps and queue in VersaWorks. Give it a profile that supports metallic printing. Print.

autoexebat

Thank for all of the help , I will do a setup and then give it a shot. It does silve with no issue ! But I am going for a blue :)

Will report back .

autoexebat

Here is a sample picture , I'm trying to use the same color of blue in MT. I don't see a blue simular to it in the chart specified in Corel X6 .

Is this just a color I can't do ? I also don't see a regual red as well , Do I just grab the closest color and hope for the best ?

Attachments

• MT_blue.jpg
    MT_blue.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 113

autoexebat

I ran a test , What I did was change the blue in Corel to a MT spot color. I printed it, the blue stayed as blue and the white changed to silver / chome ..

Only thing that I changed in Corel was the blue , so why white turned to silver / chrome I have no idea ??

Attachments

• IMG_20140409_200942[1].jpg
    IMG_20140409_200942[1].jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 114

AnthonyRalano

I ran a test , What I did was change the blue in Corel to a MT spot color. I printed it, the blue stayed as blue and the white changed to silver / chome ..

Only thing that I changed in Corel was the blue , so why white turned to silver / chrome I have no idea ??
In VersaWorks under the file format tab it will list all of the Roland Metallic colors in the file. Also in Corel Draw, when you have an object selected, it will tell you what color is assigned in the bottom right depending on your workspace.