Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing not lined up.

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by signguy35, Aug 2, 2012.

1. signguy35

signguy35 Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Iowa
    Last time i printed, which was Monday, everything printed perfect. Now i go and print today and boom. all the colors are off. The registration marks which are black seem fine and from the photo it black looks like it is in the right spot and doesnt 'run'. what the heck just happened?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Clean your encoder to start.

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ya know, those are the kinda effects if you wanted to do them, it would take months to figure out how, if at all.

It doesn't look like encoder, but it's worth a try first. Encoder strip and eye generally just print fuzzy edges and go off track. That looks more like some communication problem.

I'd re-boot everything and make sure everything is seeing each other and not have any signal cross-over misfires.

4. signguy35

signguy35 Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Iowa
    where is the encoder strip on a vs-640. Thanks.

5. Timing Issue

Gino is correct.

It's not a linear encoder problem... It's a dating/timing issue. Turn off the printer. Unplug from the wall. Wait 30 secs, reconnect power and turn on again. Problem solved.

It's amazing how many silly problems can be solved by totally powering down the machine.

~E

6. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    What's a good way to clean the encoder strip? Air duster? Damp napkins? If so what solution?