• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing not lined up.

signguy35

Last time i printed, which was Monday, everything printed perfect. Now i go and print today and boom. all the colors are off. The registration marks which are black seem fine and from the photo it black looks like it is in the right spot and doesnt 'run'. what the heck just happened?

Attachments

• 2012-08-02 13.14.50.jpg
    2012-08-02 13.14.50.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 84

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, those are the kinda effects if you wanted to do them, it would take months to figure out how, if at all.

It doesn't look like encoder, but it's worth a try first. Encoder strip and eye generally just print fuzzy edges and go off track. That looks more like some communication problem.

I'd re-boot everything and make sure everything is seeing each other and not have any signal cross-over misfires.

InkjetAuction

Timing Issue

Gino is correct.

It's not a linear encoder problem... It's a dating/timing issue. Turn off the printer. Unplug from the wall. Wait 30 secs, reconnect power and turn on again. Problem solved.

It's amazing how many silly problems can be solved by totally powering down the machine.

~E