• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing off track, Any tips?

S

scarface

Hey guys, Since getting my printer i haven't done much printing and today i did a 4 foot print and it keeps printing off. The printers about 3 weeks old.

I line up the paper between what's circled in white and still the reg marks and prints print closer to the edge the further it prints.

Any help?

Attachments

• versaprob.jpg
    versaprob.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 79

SS Inc.

The slit in the media holder flaps shoud be right about to the edge of whatever you are printing on (give or take whatever you feel comfortable with...at least that was what I was told). The print area is always within the inside edges of your outermost rollers...

S

scarface

The photo is a photo of it being off track, i usually line the paper up within the small gap (circled in white) on both sides.

I am printing on white 3651 and did a calibration.

SS Inc.

so you mean that your media is shifting closer to the control center side of the machine, not that the printer is printing off edge...How many rollers are you using? 2-3...

signage

Have you checked to make sure the leading edge of the vinyl is cut square? If you are aligning the sides and the leading edge and they are not cut square and off a little bit it is going to get worse(sp) as the media length get longer!

southpawP8NTR

If your rollers in the media carriage aren't out of wack. Then try lining up like normal and then before placing your rollers down give a tug of about a foot toward you in the center of the media. Then place the rollers down and feed back in.

Sticky Signs

If your printer is like mine ( and I think it is), try using the media flanges. Than place the little stopper things on either side of the flanges and use the set screws to keep in place. Another thing I do when setting up is pull out 2-3' of extra vinyl. Than rewind it back on to the core by hand before setting the pinch rollers down. Also, make sure the break is on at the back of the printer. Good luck

ProColorGraphics

I use the media flanges on my VP540 and pull a couple feet through then just carefully wind it back up by turning one the media flange and it goes straight pretty much everytime.

B Snyder

Use the holes in the media clamps to align your media. I just ran 16' of banner material and this is the result. Zero skew. Didn't use the flanges, just unwound material as needed and had the brake off on the rollers.

Attachments

• IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 84

GSGservice

One quick thing to try is to put a piece of tape down running front to back on the right hand side of the platen so that half the tape is under the edge of the material then mark it with a pen. Then shuffle the material back and forth and you will quickly see if it is walking. If it is not the other thing may be the print is printing over a little further each time due to a dirty encoder strip but with a printer this new and this model this would be rare.

javila

First, Tighten up the roll. The feed the media and pull about two feet out from the front. Make sure the roll is still tight, Pull the media from the front center taught while holding the roll on the back so it doesn't keep unwinding. Then just line up the rollers and clamp down.

1. Check to see if you have flat spots on the pinch rollers...common if you leave the rollers down when not printing.
2. Tug the media in the center then put the rollers down, this lines up the media to the printer.
3. Call your local Roland tech to take a look.