Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing on 26 x 40" digital sheet

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Lea Marc, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Lea Marc

Lea Marc Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Winnipeg
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone successfully printed on a digital sheet with a wide format printer? It's just an experiment for a job, we have a latex and eco-solvent and I was trying to print 80lb Cougar Cover on our Roland SolJet Pro 4 XR-640, has anyone pulled this off before?

Steve

Tags:
  2. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
    I have had a couple brokers that wanted prints that way for an exact look

3. Lea Marc

Lea Marc Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Winnipeg
    How did it turn out? I just ran a test and found that the image is very feint (I guess the ink soaks into the paper) and it's quite smelly. Other than that it did cure properly however.

4. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I use these type of sheets on my UV printer all of the time, but haven't tried with my ecosol.

5. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
    The image was real faint and not crisp. The paper soaked up a huge amount of ink. It is exactly what the broker wanted. I did get a little different results with printing with different resolutions and profiles and it helped a little bit.