• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on banner - two sided

msenjur

Hello!

Im losing my nerves everytime i have print two side banner. I always have few problems...

1. how do you set banner to go straight all the way? when i print other side it always go straight at the beginning, but then it go more and more out of way. So when i was printing 8m long banner it was 4cm out of way at the end!!! And we re-roll it on media holder, it was rolled up straight... but it still went out of straight way!!!

2. when i print on other side, media is wriggling on front drying panel - the media doesn slip nicely! So material gets wrinkled under the head, and ofcourse head is sliding on material! And then i get stains like in picture (the vertical lines are ok!)! Do you know what i mean to tell? i don't know the right words to explain easier!

Attachments

• slikca1.jpg
    slikca1.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 119

randya

Sounds like dry times for the banner.

The ink softens the pvc on the banner, sounds like it needs more time to reharden.

msenjur

Aznsensation:
that would be great!

Jiarby:
Wriggling - i found that in dicitionary... how colud i explain it...? if u take a peace of paper and you put hands on each side, now go with one hand towards other hand and the paper will wriggle? this is what happen with banner. printer is pusing on one side, and on another side (front dry panel) doesn't slip nicely... i hope i explain ok!

randya:
i left it to dry whole night, and half of the day today! excually it was drying 20 20 hours!

TheSnowman

I sub all my double sided's out, because I hate doing them unless they are just cut vinyl, but I think I hate cut vinyl even more now days.

TheSnowman

You have to deal w/ a wholesaler that deals only w/ wholesale accounts. I'd recommend Merritt. I send everything that's bigger than I can do to them. I'd send a two sided banner in a heart beat.