• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on canvas

Jeremy092288

OK guys.... I have searched through here about printing on canvas and haven't found anything so here goes...

I have a mutoh 1204 48" printer and I just got a 16' sample roll of canvas in yesterday... When I tried to print my first picture I got little tiny white dots all over the entire print.... From far away you can't even notice them but when you explore the quality of the print it is less than mediocre. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else here prints on canvas on a mutoh and if so.... what canvas are you using and what settings are you using for the printer....

Thanks in advance

randya

White dots/speckles sound like a coating issue and should be reported back to the vendor/manufacturer.

I have had excellent results on:
Intelicoat GFCVG Glossy Stretch Canvas

Their matte prints well too, but the glossy is very impressive.

http://www.mutoh.com/help/Media/RecommendedMedia.html

Depending on your application you might also try some textured wallpaper. It may be tough to find in 48" widths.

Jeremy092288

Here are a couple of pictures of what's going on....

Attachments

• Humming CloseUp Smaller.JPG
    Humming CloseUp Smaller.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 166

randya

The Intelllicoat/Magic media should be available through dealers, I get my directly from the manufacturer.

The pic does not show what I would call coating problems. Though it is hard to tell sometimes form a pic.

Coating problems typically have dewetted dots.

This looks like not enough ink was laid down - profile.....

I use a smooth banner profile typically.

desoutter9

from the pics you have ether printed on the wrong side or the coating is wrong, all the ink has been soaked its far too dry. just like it has no coating at all. remember the varnish will add colour depth

pogiboy9

I'd suggest getting a color profile made for it. Mine comes out great, and I've done a solid blank print with some red. and that's on standard.

I'm looking around for tips to seal the ink. I'm assuming spray on coat.

renamer38

Try using Caldera RIP with specific -maybe own made profile for particular Canvas ,and you'll see the difference