• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Clear

Vinh1219

Hello, i have some windows that needs done and looking to print on clear. What brand material you guys recommend. Still new to printing on clear so any advice is appreciated. Also running a Mutoh 1624. Thanks

Andy D

Unless you can print white, anything printed on clear and applied to a window will barely be visible.

astro8

If you are inexperienced and especially if it's large areas, try and use clear print vinyl with solvent adhesive, rather than aqueous adhesive, if possible. Both are fine, but if you wet apply, the aqueous adhesive print vinyls can develop 'milky' areas until it finally dries out. The solvent based adhesives won't be affected by the 'water/detergent/whatever' mix.
The more experienced you become at applying large area window graphics, the less 'milky' areas you'll have.
Last I checked, the solvent based adhesive printing clears were getting harder to come by.
We more or less just use the aqueous stuff nowadays.

chromira

Hello, i have some windows that needs done and looking to print on clear. What brand material you guys recommend. Still new to printing on clear so any advice is appreciated. Also running a Mutoh 1624. Thanks
Print on Glass Apeel with a white layer.