• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on easyup nylon cover. choices in marterials?

binki

Customer wants printing on an easyup nylon cover. I originally thought it was more of a canvas cover that I could use apparel vinyl on it but now that it is in the shop there is no way we can apply heat to it without damaging it.

Are there any materials that I can use to print on this thing?

Bill Modzel

NazDar's DA series screen ink will adhere. It's catalyzed and more of a paste than ink, but it will work. Expensive and the catalyst is hazardous. . . but it will work.

Cmind335

I agree with screener24242, nothing vinyl related will stick. I've tried it all, even carpet high adhesive vinyl and it comes right off. Personally, I have a feeling that the treat the material with some kind of chemical or something to prevent people from customizing it after they buy it so that you are forced to get the custom designed Easy up from them. I might be wrong, but who knows.

jdoug5170

We just purchased a new Caravan shelter and it is indicated that the top is polyester, not nylon. We are going to play at sublimation to it. We will do a test print on the sides that we hardly ever use since they are out of the same material. Then we will test on our Easy Up brand canopies.

Doug

binki

ok, the thing is poly so we are going to use apparel vinyl on it. It is thin but we did a test on our easyup and it worked so here we go.

rja360

the heat wont effect the canopy......just ensure you do a test print first to ensure that the mateial works ok with not too much pressure......generally a Nylon garment film will work perfect..as for the pressing, you need to do it in sections....time consuming but looks good when done....
Customer wants printing on an easyup nylon cover. I originally thought it was more of a canvas cover that I could use apparel vinyl on it but now that it is in the shop there is no way we can apply heat to it without damaging it.

Are there any materials that I can use to print on this thing?

binki

Well I cut it in 2 panels, each 12 inches high and 51 inches wide with a .25" overlap. The problem with the heat press material is it shrinks when heated so lining up panel 2 was tough but I cut that one down to 16" parts and it worked out. Press time was about 20 mins total.