• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing on Epson, Cutting with Roland

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Hey all,
Just curious if anyone has input or advice for creating crop marks for my prints that I am outputting on my Epson printer, to cut on a Roland GR-640 cutter? I typically add the crop marks in Illustrator via the Cut Studio plugin, however they appear to vary a bit from the marks that Versa Works puts on the prints so we are having trouble getting them to read even though I am specifying GR-640 in Cut Studio. Do I have to adjust something else within the file? I have all of my counter cut lines set to the Roland Spot color as well like we'd use in VW however we just aren't having any luck.

Used to do this daily with our Graphtec cutters issue free.

Any helpful leads in tips in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Hi

Would like to know if you made it work correctly?

I have not. From what I was told the crop marks have to be put on by the same program being used to cut with Roland machines. Did it this way for years with out Graphics thru Illustrator, doesn't seem to work that way with Roland for whatever reason. Or at least we haven't been able to figure it out anyhow.

Open to any input & suggestions if anyone has been able to make it work.

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Sure thing, no problem. I believe if you are working on the same system you can do it (Using Onyx, Flexi etc to both print & cut , but the way ours is setup I use Flexi / Production Manager to Rip & Print and Roland Cut Studio for cutters. Once we get them all on the same system I think we'll be able to get it to work is all. I'd just make sure you are very specific with this question to whomever you are purchasing equipment from is all.

Good luck, hope you can get it all going!

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
You are correct.

Like you said, from Onyx you can print and then cut, this was confirmed by dealer.

So we will use Onyx for print and cut.
But we are are changing to a Summa cutter. Our dealer said it was a better machine. We will see.

Thank you.
Your dealer is correct, the Summa cutters are pretty amazing. I think you'll love it.