• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on fabric question

Red Earth

I was asked to try to print a "Championship" cloth banner for a our high school. I have tried several products and just can't seem to get them to print right with tweeking passes and delay times. My saturation and bleed is just not right! Using a Mutoh 1304 and eco-solv inks.

Is this for fabric printers only?

thanks,

PJ

Mosh

Trying to match the old sewn ones made in the 70's? I hate when people want me to do those....I upsell them to vinyl banners. You might try flag material, I think Fellers carries it.

When printing on textiles with solvent ink, you need to be sure that the textile is intended for your chemistry of ink. This generally means that the fabric is coated specifically for compatability with solvent ink. Uncoated media will perform exactly as you are describing, with bleed and saturation issues. You will also need a RIP profile built for the media and printer that you are using.

Red Earth

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

I have tried several different fabrics through fellers. The flag material is to thin, they don't want to be able to see through it, and the three others so far no print profiles exist for my rip. I tried to contact the manufacturer, they are in Germany and no replies after three weeks!

I have a sample of one done by an internet company.... but cannot figure out what material was used or the process used to print it. I would almost bet it's not sublimation, the quality is just to good.

Back to tweeking for now!

PJ

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Fisher Textiles..... the 4418 has a blockout layer but only comes in 118" width. I've run a lot of their SI8300 over the years. Semi heavy fabirc that prints very nice. The version I have is 7oz - their website shows it's now a 9.7oz so it looks like it's heavier now.

Good company to deal with though. Give them a buzz and they can make a suggestion

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks for the quick replies guys!

I have tried several different fabrics through fellers. The flag material is to thin, they don't want to be able to see through it, and the three others so far no print profiles exist for my rip. I tried to contact the manufacturer, they are in Germany and no replies after three weeks!

I have a sample of one done by an internet company.... but cannot figure out what material was used or the process used to print it. I would almost bet it's not sublimation, the quality is just to good.

Back to tweeking for now!

PJ

Let me send you my fabric pack, much better then the competition!

Red Earth

Thanks Sightline... I will look into it!

Bigfish... I sent you a PM with my business address...Thanks for the help.

PJ

MixMaker

I'm attempting to print on higher grade fabric that will be used as upholstery material.

I got good results on our UV printer, but was sent "solvent fabric" that is supposedly treated. I'm thinking it's not treated at all. The image is clean, but it's desaturated. My sales rep that ordered it is being super secretive about where it came from. I'm thinking she was thinking we could print on anything since she doesn't understand the chemistry of it.

Long story short....can I get a sample pack BigFish?

randya

There are plenty of cloth medias designed for eco that will print well to very well.

But what you describe sounds more like an application for a banner material, like a smooth banner, or maybe a blockout.