• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on flourescent vinyl....colour

Vohaul

ok, so this may be a bit niche market...
but among other things, i do wraps for 1/5 scale rc cars..i do print and special vinyl layers, (floursecent, metallic ..etc.) customer has requested a monster energy themed one....

so i thought it would be neat to print / cut the monster logo on yellow flourescent vinyl....but since the logo fades to green...im trying to figure out what colour to print on the flourescent to get a reasonable bright green...(as i obviously couldnt fade between flourescent green and yellow vinyl)....i tried cyan..but it comes out well, more light blue than anything......

i attached a few pics of some of the different wraps ive done ..so you can see how the multilayers kinda work.,

Thanks Paul
32313709_10160265754050696_3842034183996178432_n.jpg
wrap.jpg

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Do you have a printer with white ink? That would be the easiest way, obviously. Otherwise, I would print a color atlas and use the highest resolution/pass count to try and cover up the fluo base material.

Vohaul

no, i didnt go with the option of white ink...(xr-640) , is covering up the base flouro a good idea..or trying to work with it....

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Do you have a printer with white ink? That would be the easiest way, obviously. Otherwise, I would print a color atlas and use the highest resolution/pass count to try and cover up the fluo base material.

Ohhh, you are wanting the bright green to still show the fluo yellow base material underneath it? Not just be fluo on the unprinted areas... Still the color atlas will give you your best chance at seeing which mixture of CMYK will give you the green you're after.

Vohaul

ya...if i was just covering it, id just use green flouro vinyl....but the issue is the fade between them

i attached a pic of the base wrap......

Attachments

• monster wrap.jpg
    monster wrap.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 190

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
ya...if i was just covering it, id just use green flouro vinyl....but the issue is the fade between them

i attached a pic of the base wrap......

You could create a gradient of the monster logo, print that onto the flouro vinyl. After you get the colors in the gradient to mimic the monster logo. And apply the printed/cut logo on top of the skin.

unclebun

Unless you're really stuck on using fluorescent vinyl, the Monster logo doesn't really need fluorescents to look correct when printed. The high resolution file they provide for the slashes (with transparent background) prints perfectly with regular inks on white.

Vohaul

Looks great! What did you end up doing to achieve the result you were wanting?
On the art file it’s a Roland colour green faded to white....and then contour cut in the logo shape

Then I printed it a few times adjusting the Roland colour values within versa.....turns out I was originally just using cyan (thinking it would make green when printed on the yellow flourescent.... ) but you still need some yellow.....but in order to lighten the green I just had to use 40% cyan and 50% yellow