• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on frosting....

mfatty500

post pictures or it didn't happen! LOL
This guy was inducted to the a High School hall of Fame in town near me. The picture is from 1970. You can have your cake and it it too. He couldn't take it home with him, because he flew From Tampa to Chicago. So I get reap some of the harvest.

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 45

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
This guy was inducted to the a High School hall of Fame in town near me. The picture is from 1970. You can have your cake and it it too. He couldn't take it home with him, because he flew From Tampa to Chicago. So I get reap some of the harvest.
back in the early 90s. I hosted a bridal shower for my friend. I went to the local grocery store and they were able to print their engagement photo on the cake. I really thought it was a novel idea that would take off. I haven't seen them that often since.
I would post photos, but in the late 1900s it was film camera.
(someone posted on facebook and referenced the late 1900s when she was talking about the 90s. I was probably more offended than I should have been. :)- )

unclebun

back in the early 90s. I hosted a bridal shower for my friend. I went to the local grocery store and they were able to print their engagement photo on the cake. I really thought it was a novel idea that would take off. I haven't seen them that often since.
I would post photos, but in the late 1900s it was film camera.
(someone posted on facebook and referenced the late 1900s when she was talking about the 90s. I was probably more offended than I should have been. :)- )
You can still get pictures on cakes, even from Wal-Mart. But the ink tastes bad.

RabidOne

We printed on frosted all the time. Did a lot of white only patterns contour cut for office dividers.
That was on an HP800 with overcoat on, no laminate.

JBurton

Signtologist
I wonder if real cake decorators find this to be like cheating. Like old school sign painters with printers...
If those garbage flourishes are any indication, this 'cake printer' needs all the cheating and shortcuts they can get their hands on!
Did you try a nozzle check, looks like magenta has some clogged nozzles...

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I was at an event and heard some kids talking (kids as in 10-12 yr olds). They were talking about an older sibling or relative and said "she was born in the 1900s". LOL
The girl that said it on facebook was a woman who in the 90s she was in high school. fair enough, i was in my early 20s. but she said the late 1900s...and i'm like, that's not a century ago, no need for the drama.

JBurton

Signtologist
The girl that said it on facebook was a woman who in the 90s she was in high school. fair enough, i was in my early 20s. but she said the late 1900s...and i'm like, that's not a century ago, no need for the drama.
Remember the 90's, when everybody constantly spouted sh*t like, "c'mon dude, it's the 90's"? I'm super disappointed that nobody is going on about the 20's in the same manner.

Tomtint

FWIW, we have had vinyl made for us for the past 8 or so years , made to our spec that matches 7725. Recently we found a manufacturer overseas who was able to make it in an ink receptive PET, that is now what we use for all of our Dusted applications. It's only receptive to UV ink, so latex or solvent would still need overlam,