• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Gold....

This might be a silly question....... I am printing some emblems for a fire truck. I am printing on vinyl efx engine-turn. When I print the image is transparent. Is there a way I can drop more ink to make the image more solid.

Thanks in advance. I am also using the search option..........:doh:

slangsc

The ink is translucent in nature, so it's pretty hard to get the ink to block-out the background unless you have a white ink option. One way is to print it double-strike, but that will shift your colors and the media might not hold that much ink.

You will still see the pattern in the vinyl no matter how much ink you put down. If you double print be sure to allow it to dry VERY good before you cut, otherwise the edges may curl...just a thought.

mark in tx

Not a silly question, and an issue that many people run into at least once.

Your printer and inkset are meant to print on white media.
The white of the media makes up part of the color you see from the ink.

You will be able to get some results from colored media, but not past a certain point.
You should be able to get a decent black pretty easily.

But, some medias just will not hold ink, they are not capable of it.

That being said about inkjet printing, I do believe a Gerber Edge, would be able to print on that gold material for you.

luggnut

only black will cover... i like the transparent colors over the gold though. it makes it look like a candy paint job. i thought that was part of the allure?