• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Lexan

wmshuman

Does anyone here print directly on Lexan? If so, can you print on sheets that are 6'x12' or 8'x12'? The print will need to be translucent as well. I don't know if it works out well using a flat bed or not. Can anyone help me out?

Mosh

Print on Trans film and apply. I make backlit signs like this all the time. Be sure to use the correct profiles or the print will be "washed" looking.

Or print negative on clear, apply and lay trans white film on the back, for a second surface application...

wmshuman

Yeah that's what I am thinking I was going to have to do. Was hoping to have it done in one piece though and my printer will not print in a six foot pass. The graphic is 6' tall and 8' wide. The rest of the panel is red translucent vinyl (no big deal there). I really don't want to have to panel the print and have the dreaded dark line showing up at night. Know anyone that can print on translucent that wide?

Mosh

Outsource! I always try to design with any tiiles in the panels to be hidden so I can do it in house if possible.. Can you apply vinyl second surface and back-spray the background color? IOW does the design need to be printed?

wmshuman

Yeah, that's what I am trying to do (outsource that is).

The problem with tiling a translucent print is that where the seam is, the print will be darker in the overlay location (when lit anyways). If you know a different way to do it without dealing with that problem, please share.

A lot of the problem too is that the design is done, I am just taking their company logo and printing it on translucent and applying to Lexan. I just want a happy customer that doesn't have the panel overlay section showing up at night. Looks good during the day and night.

I attached the logo.

Attachments

• v_logo.jpg
    v_logo.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 85

wmshuman

Yes it needs to be printed. Would be a lot cheaper considering it is 4 colors and the grey uses a distressed font.