• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on magnet

brad daggy

I'm printing 5"x6" magnet cards for a friend. The graphics are fairly small, pictures of products, and text done with chisel effects. The resolution is not that great. Is there anything I can do to get good results like change the settings? I made it good quality with uni-directional. Also I can't find magnet type in media type.

TheSnowman

I personally don't print on magnets, and I know a good chunk of people here don't either. I'd try just layin' the vinyl down on the magnet, then you don't throw all of that away trying to get er' dialed in. But, I wouldn't run the magnetic through anyway. That's my .02

ChiknNutz

Yeah, don't print on magnets...

Really, don't, not good for your machine. Best solution is to print on vinyl, laminate, then apply to the mags.

hoppers

I will also say I havent heard anything good about printing on magnets....you will get some dreaded head strikes which will cause the heads to die quick....and I even heard the material soaks up more ink and the images look washed out/dull.

Do what the others says, print on vinyl then apply it to a magnet. I do it every week and its a piece of cake and no issues to report.