• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on outdoor screens

Smiley Graphics

I was wondering if anyone had ever printed on screens for porchs or lanai's as they are called in fl. We have a client who wants to print directly onto these screens to create a scene. I think I have heard of the material but was wondering about weathering since its outdoors and most are in direct heat. I am first looking for the material and then plan on purchasing a plotter.

KURT808

Hard to find some shops to print on it. You would need to seam the materials if it's over 63" wide or tall. Some might print larger widths, but you have the ask around. We have done some of them and are working on doing more. The tighter the weave the better off you are for the scene. Hard to say how long they last because you cannot laminate the screen materials. I guess it all depends upon the sun exposure and the ink the machine being used to print. I would recommend using a 3% openness factor fabric in white to print. I would not warranty the print and just let the customer know it might fad over time and give them a fabric replacement cost to do another scene later if they want to change it in 3-5 years.
Are you looking to do the scene on the interior side or the sun exposure side? Makes a big difference in my opinion.

Bradster941

I have air brushed these and they look and hold up great.

Semi vivid on one side, transparent on the other.

However, if you want to print them, you will probably need
to put down a white base first.