• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Paper!! And I need help

CHARLIE 2009

Ok so I'm printing on a modified JV5 320 ( designed to print on fabric direct). But I've been givin a job that is to be done on paper. Which I don't do often but have profiles for it. I'm using Beaver TexPrint XP paper and I'm getting ripples in the paper and so the heads are hitting the paper. There is NO vacuum on this machine to hold the paper down. I've raised the heads Already. Can anyone help me!?

Thanks in advance

C

ColoPrinthead

If you do profiling I would suggest working on your ink limits. If you don't I'd look into pulling saturation from the image at the rip.

I hope this helps. I know your frustration from experiencing the same issue when doing Dye Sub on JV3s years ago. I'd have to hold the paper as it came of the platen and use pens etc to fatten it out. I'd baby sit the printers for 30 minutes of a print only to have a strike happen in the last few feet of the image. Eventually we switched to a different media (sorry I don't remember what it was).

So, does the ink set you have work for both direct to fabric and dye sub? I would find that interesting.

Salmoneye

I don't know your machine but you are going to have to really watch it feed and figure out what is causing it. Is it the saturated paper swelling from heat after the ink is on? Heat too high? Is the machine absolutely, perfectly leveled out? My xc-540 fed terribly until I shimmed it perfectly. Do you have a bad feed roller, worn, dirty or tensioned incorrectly? Get a flashlight and crouch down in front and in back to watch it feeding, is it buckling before the grip rollers, after... Sorry, wish I could be of more help, it's all physics, just watch.

Salmoneye

Also, is the roll heavier or harder to roll out? On banner I have to pre-feed material out so that there is no pull on it. Are you using a take-up?

CHARLIE 2009

Thanks for the responding. I have no heat on. And yes the paper is a heavier weight and yes I'm using a modified take up system. It's meant to hold 100 meter fabric rolls. So it's pretty heavy dutie. The paper is just getting a little to wet and my ink limit is already set to 220.

CHARLIE 2009

Yes the ink we use is for both fabric and paper...and unfortunately I need to get these samples out today...so I wish I had time to change to a different paper.